SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE
DATE OF BIRTH: 13th March, 1956.
Secondary education for W.A.S.C (1974), Certificate in Cooperative Studies at Cooperative College Ibadan(1976); G.C.E A’ Levels (1978) ; HND( Business Admin.- Upper Credit) at Yaba College of Technology(1982) ; Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Secretary (ACIS1987); M.Sc. (Banking and Finance) at University of Ibadan(1996); Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretary (FCIS (2001). Participated in NYSC Programme (1982/1983) with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and was absorbed into its services on completion of the NYSC Programme in 1983.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE worked in the ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT and later in the FOREIGN OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT of the CBN where he rose to the position of a MANAGER.
At the Foreign Operations Department, he was charged with the implementation of the Federal Government of Nigeria’s Foreign Exchange Policies and some Fiscal Policies of Government. He took to an early retirement as a MANAGER in 1996.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE later worked as MANAGING CONSULTANT FOR SOLUBAT NIGERIA LIMITED (a Publishing and Management Consulting Firm) between 1996 and 2000.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE was employed as an ASSISTANT REGISTRAR by Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria, (ICSAN), in 2000.
He was promoted to the position of DEPUTY REGISTRAR in 2001.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE was appointed as the REGISTRAR/CEO in 2002. He took to voluntary retirement from ICSAN in July, 2015, few months to his Diamond Jubilee anniversary.
Whilst he held the position as the REGISTRAR/CEO of ICSAN, he repositioned the Institute in terms of visibility, recognition, educational development, and increased membership.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE has served in various capacities with commendable verifiable results. Some of which are:
- He was a member of the Steering Committee on NATIONAL CODE OF CORPORATE GOVERNANCE (2013).
- He was the First Chairman of Registrars and Executive Secretaries of Professional Bodies in Nigeria, under the auspices of the Association of Professional Bodies in Nigeria (APBN) in 2014.
- Attended various Conferences, Meetings etc., towards the advancement of the Institute. He has also attended many Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, and Training both local and international.
The tenure of TOGUNDE was marked with the following achievements, among others:-
- Introduction of MCPE (2002)
- Management of the London Examinations with integrity
- Introduction and Management of the Nigerian Examination Scheme and Examination Syllabi (2011)
- Procurement of Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) for the Institute’s landed property at Alausa.
- Introduction of Induction/Graduation ceremonies with Academic Gowns
- Introduction of Annual Public Lecture
- Introduction of Corporate Governance Forum
- Introduction of Consultancy and Research Units into the Institute’s management structure.
- Introduction of Practicing License Scheme
- Introduction of the current Logo of the Institute at no cost.
- Publication of the Institute’s Study Packs
- Introduction of ICSAN Building Project
- Recognition of the Institute’s Qualification by the Federal Ministry of Education
- Relentless efforts on the proper placement of the Institute’s qualification in the Federal Civil Service Scheme
- Improvement of the Assets and revenue base of the Institute.
- Enlistment of Institutional Supports for the Institute
- Free will use of personal network for the Institute
- Strengthening of the Lecture Centre
- Quality representation of the Institute both locally and internationally.
- Improvement the in quality and regularity of the Institute’s publications.
- Presently, SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE is the Managing Consultant at Teedel Consulting (A Corporate Services and Management Consultancy Outfit)
- He is also a Partner in ATSO CORPORATE SERVICES (A Company Secretarial/Corporate Governance/Training Outfit) in partnership with other seasoned Chartered Secretaries in 2020.
- He is the Company Secretary/Consultant to some notable growing Private Companies.
- He sits on some Boards as a Director.
- Dele is married with children.
SOLOMON OYEDELE TOGUNDE’s interest is focused on Effective Managerial Leadership, especially business development specialist for small and medium-scale enterprises, with focus on strategies for business growth and development and also providing advisory and support services.
I plan to bring to focus on the following areas if elected into Council:
- Carrying out diligently any assignment that may be given to me by Council.
- Continued advocacy to increase the number of members in the Institute.
- I will continue to be an advocate of the tenets of the Institute, advertise the Institute, support the Institute’s programs financially and be committed to positive changes, having been in the system previously. I want us to have a better and stronger Institute, well recognized in the Country and beyond and with greater opportunities for all members.
- Continued support of the Institute in all aspects.