He was a pioneer Post Graduate student of Masters in Industrial and Labour Relations (MILR), University of Lagos (1994-1996).
Taiwo also had his Bachelor of Law in 2005 (LASU) and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 2007 In the Insurance Professional Examination, Taiwo was the best student in the Management Course of CIIN in 2009.
He is an Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (ACII), a member of the Nigerian Bar Association, and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (FCIS).
He is also a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management and a Fellow of the Institute of Benefits and Trust Management.
Taiwo worked for Niger Insurance plc and rose to the position of AGM Head of Marketing and Branch Operations.
Presently, Taiwo is the Managing Partner of Owokalade & Co, a firm involved in legal practice, chartered secretaryship, and Corporate Governance.
He is also involved in Agriculture through the farm called AL-Deroyal Agro Services.
He is the promoter of AL-DEROYAL REALTORS.
Taiwo Owokalde seats on the board of Dunbell Securities Ltd, a firm involved in the capital market amongst others.
As part of his contribution to ICSAN, Taiwo got elected to the Governing Council in 1995 and served in several committees amongst which were:
- Chairman of Lagos State Chapter in 2005-2007 when he had the grace to resuscitate a chapter in comatose, and since then, the chapter has been the flagship for the institute
- Chairman of ICSAN @ 50 CEREMONY that took place in 2016
- Publicity and Advocacy Committee where he pioneered the Corporate Governance platform on Eko Fm (2018)
- Chairman, Conference, and AGM committee that successfully organised a virtual AGM and a Hybrid Conference in a COVID-19 Pandemic environment (2020).
- Chairman, Finance, and General Purpose Committee that saw to the wholistic review of the ICSAN Employees Handbook and other very fundamental landmarks (2020).
- Vice president (2019-2021).
In service to humanity, Taiwo is a member of Lions Clubs International, the largest service club in the world.
He became the President of the Lagos Akowonjo branch in 2012 and served in other national positions including being the Zone, Region chairperson, and now the chairman, Marketing Communications and Publicity.
He is also a Melvin Jones Fellow (MJF) which is attained by the payment of One Thousand Dollars ($1000).
On the religious front, Taiwo Owokalade is an Anglican Christian who served as
- President of Young Morning Star Society, Christ Church, Anglican Agege
- Chairman, 2007 Harvest Planning Committee for the church
- Church Warden/Treasurer (2012-2014)
- Member, of Parish Council Committee, which is the highest policy-making body of the church.
The Archbishop of Lagos and the Bishop of Remo, most Rev Dr Michael Olusina Fape appointed him as a Bishop Nominee for Remo Diocese which makes him a member of the Decision Making Body.
Taiwo is an Alter Server and a member of the Guild of Stewards
Taiwo is also a member of Lagos Country Club, Ikeja, Lagos.
Taiwo is from the Royal Lineage in Iperu Remo, Ogun State. He is a community Development Advocate and a member of the foremost club in the town called Akesan Iperu Club (AIC) where he is presently the Social/Publicity Secretary.
On the home front, Taiwo is married to Aderonke Modupeola and blessed with children