Benedicta Ovoke Sadare, FCIS
I am a Chartered Secretary/Administrator with over 27 years’ experience. My knowledge spreads across different and various businesses and Industries- Communication Industry, Consumer Market, Energy/Gas & Natural Resource Industry, Construction/Export/Import/Financial/Mortgage/Banking services Industries.
I am a Fellow and member of the Governing Council of the Institute as well as a member, ICSAN Executive Committee. I presently serve as Chairman of the Public Practice Committee. I am an active member of the Institute, both on the Chapter and National levels.
At the Lagos State Chapter level, I served as follows:
i) Assistant Honorary Secretary, 2003-2005,
ii) Honorary Secretary 2005-2007,
iii) Honorary Treasurer, 2007-2009,
iv) Ex-Officio 2009-2011, 2016-2018.
I presently run the first indigenous Firm of Chartered Secretaries And Administrators in Nigeria (not affiliated to any firm of Auditors/Legal Practitioners), S. E. NOMUOJA & CO., now 45 years in existence (A Firm i took over from my father-a renowned/astute Chartered Secretary of blessed memory); due to integrity, forthrightness, accountability, transparency, dexterity and the equity with which i tackle both major and minor assignments. I am capable, dependable, a goal-getter, result-oriented, people-oriented, passionate, who thrives for excellence on all fronts, a turnaround specialist, a team player, a woman of sterling qualities with impeccable character who handles and accomplishes any given assignment with excellent results.
At the National level, I have served in various capacities with commendable and verifiable results. Some include:
- MEMBERSHIP/BRANCH LIAISON COMMITTEE 2007-2014
- PUBLIC PRACTICE GROUP(PPG) 2011-DATE
- ICSAN CONFERENCE & AGM COMMITTEE 2007-2013
- ICSAN COMMITTEE ON ROUNDTABLE FOR CORPORATE
- GOVERNANCE 2011-2014
- MEMBER, PUBLIC LECTURE 2013-2015
- CHAIRMAN, PUBLIC LECTURE, 2017-2019
- MEMBER, IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING
- COMMITTEE 2017- 2019
- MEMBER, REMUNERATION COMMITTEE 2016-2017
- MEMBER, REMUNERATION COMMITTEE 2019-DATE
- MEMBER, ICSAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2018-DATE CHAIRMAN, PUBLIC PRACTICE COMMITTEE 2018 – DATE MEMBER, FINANCE & GENERAL-PURPOSE COMMITTEE,
- ICSAN, 2018-DATE
- INVESTIGATION PANEL 2011
- IFC/ICSAN CERTIFIED CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
- TRAINER 2017
- RAPPORTEUR AT SEVERAL OF THE INSTITUTE’S CONFERENCES, BOTH AT THE COMMITTEE, NATIONAL AND STATE CONFERENCES.
I have trained several Chartered Secretaries who are excelling in their respective industries and doing very well, courtesy of the unparalleled training they received from S.E. NOMUOJA & CO., – the Firm’s doors are always open to receive and train willing Chartered Secretaries who are desirous of having first-hand-core practical training in secretarial practice.
As a Council Member, I have not only been very regular at Council Meetings, but also made meaningful contributions to discussions.
I have represented the Institute at the CAC Lagos Forum, a regular and dutiful evaluator of the “WORLD BANK EASE OF DOING BUSINESS’ appraisal.
I have continually opened my office to members to train/gain practical experience.
I have expediently trained two members under the GIS (Graduate Internship Scheme) and trained other members as well, outside this scheme; they have functional/successful Chartered Secretarial Firms in operation.
I have conducted several free in-house-training for Chartered Secretaries and I have been adjudged to be passionate for the profession.
I successfully carried out the assignment as Chairman of Public Lecture Committee-The programme was termed, in all ramification, “over-successful”, based on the quality of discussions, organisation, participants, Guest Speakers and discussants, etc.
As the Chairman of PPG, I have successfully encouraged members to establish their practice as Chartered Secretarial Firms, based on the programme titled “A, B, C OF ESTABLISHING A CHARTERED SECRETARIAL FIRM”.
- Carrying out diligently any assignment that may be given to me by Council.
- I will continue to encourage an increased number of members in Public Practice. I will continue to support such businesses and mentor members to growth and improved services. I will encourage such businesses to create more jobs for growth and prosperity of members. I will also be available to support and listen to members and assist them to overcome imminent challenges.
- I will work with Council to continue to interface with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- I will continually stand for the common good of members and stand for fairness, equality, opportunity and justice.
- I will bring real-life experience to play and work hard to deliver sustainable, evidence-based and economically believable policies. I have been very active in the Institute’s activities and prepared to devote more time to the Institute’s affairs and representations.
- I am an advocate of more training for Chartered Secretaries in Public Practice. I introduce more practical trainings for Members.
- I will continue to be an advocate of the tenets of the Institute, advertise the Institute, support the Institute’s programmes financially and be committed to change things positively, having practiced as a Chartered Secretary for 27 years. I want us to have a better and stronger Institute, well recognized in the Country and beyond, with greater opportunities for all members.
- To continue to serve the Institute, for better and further services, upholding the tenets of the Profession in all ramification.
- To the Country as a whole, to encourage businesses to outlive the owners by heralding “SUCCESSION PLANNING AND SUSTAINABILITY OF BUSINESSES” and prove that family businesses in Nigeria can thrive to be sustainable and even make the Country a good reference point to other Countries.
Hobbies: Reading, traveling watching films, creative decoration, digging deep into the word of God, mentoring,
Benedicta Ovoke Sadare, FCIS
Present Position: Managing Partner, S. E. Nomuoja & Co.
Qualifications: Bsc, MBA, FCIS