The company secretary has a key role to play in ensuring that board procedures are both followed and regularly reviewed. The chairman of the board is also entitled to strong support from the company secretary in ensuring the effective function of the board.”(The Cadbury Report (1993). The above caption shows how important the role of a company secretary is.
This workshop will therefore examine the roles and duties of the Company/Board Secretary. Essential tasks that a Company Secretary must perform in order to guide the Board lawfully and effectively will be explained in a practical way. Best practices on Company Secretarial Practice, Corporate Governance, Corporate Administration and related issues will also be discussed
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Board Evaluation – Best Practices
- Company Secretaries: General Overview of Roles & Responsibilities
- Effective Minutes Writing
- Essential Statutory Files/Books-Content, Use and Handling
- Discussion on the Board, the Law, and Boardroom Ethics
- Corporate Reporting and Compliance
- Effective Meetings Management
- Management of Board Affairs: Best Practices
- Understanding Share Registration Functions, etc
Company/Board Secretaries, Assistant Company Secretaries of Public and Private Companies, Legal Advisers, Executive and Non Executive Directors, Chartered Secretaries, Chartered Accountants, Administrators and Board Members of Government Parastatals.
N150, 000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only) per participant. This will cover Coffee/Tea, Course Materials and Workshop Administration only. Discount will be given to organisations that send more than two participants.
Payment should be made to Institute’s First bank account number 2003620643
INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED SCERETARIES AND ADMINISTRATORS OF NIGERIA
Plot 6, Elephant Cement Way, Ikeja Central Business District, Alausa, P.O. Box 15702, Ikeja, Lagos
Tel: Jumoke: 08090662261, Oladipo: 08090662042
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org